Friday, November 17, 2006

My way to work

I have the chance to live near the Vatican and to enjoy very nice days for two weeks I've been in Rome. Both allow me to go walking to my office, located near the Circo Massimo, 45 minutes away.
My way to work snakes within the streets of Rome, starting by Via Candia until the crossing with Via Leone IV which brings me to Piazza del Risorgimento and then to the Vatican and Piazza San Petro. There, I meet the calashes (is that the good word?) and smell for a while the odour of horses, eating their bag of flour. Dodging cars I cross Via della Concilazione and branch off to Vittorio Emmanuele's Bridge. Stop at the end of it to let cars going, walk until the future metro station and, at the level of works in the building,I fork off to small street and soon meet the market on Piazza di Campo de Fiori. Buy two apples there. Small ones so I can put the second in my pocket while I'm eating the first one.
I soon cross the Jewish neighbourhood and its kosher butcher shops, near Circo Marcello. Usually, sun's rays are reflecting against 1rst floor's windows.
5 minutes later, I arrive in front of the FAO building, walking along the Circo Massimo.

And then I spent my day inside this stupid building. I hope it won't rain tomorow morning...

ciao

yvan

No comments: